CFP wants you to look at all aspects of adoption, not just that cute puppy face or the dreams of your dog having their own Instagram page! This page provides informative articles to see if you are ready to adopt a dog or puppy- whether this is your first pup or you are a seasoned dog owner. Please read through these articles to see if this is the right time to bring a new pup into your home and family.
Do you see your life changing in the next 10-15 years? If so, where does a dog fit in? CFP receives a high volume of requests to take in dogs because of “life changes”- a baby is on the way, moving, moving in with a significant other, job changes and many more reasons.
CFP believes dogs are family and family stays no matter what life throws at us – do you believe the same?
- Are you ready to adopt a dog?: https://www.foundanimals.org/adopt-a-pet/
- Can you afford a dog: https://www.moneyunder30.com/the-true-cost-of-pet-ownership
- Pre-Puppy Preparation: https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/puppies/pre-puppy-preparation/
- Do you know how important it is to socialize a puppy?: http://cfp-nc.org/puppy/
Tips from our friends at BadRap
- BadRap VIDEO: Introducing adult dogs at your home
- BadRap VIDEO: Managing a multi-dog household
- BadRap, A New Dog in the House: https://badrap.org/sites/default/files/inline-files/New_Dog_0.pdf